C. A. Thayer

156-foot Three-Masted Schooner

Built in 1895

Based at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park

Served the coastal lumber routes between California and Washington, with occasional lumber voyages to Mexico, Hawaii, and Fiji. Switched to fishing in 1912, as steam schooners took over the lumber trade. She was the last large commercial sailing ship on the West Coast at the time of her retirement in 1950. She's been part of the museum since 1957.